Conversion from selespeed to manual
1. Manual box
2. The gear leaver and all the cables for the gear selector
3. Clutch pedal brake pedal assembly
4. Clutch master cylinder and pipe work
5. brake reservoir with the extra pipe for the clutch to run off / Or use a T-Piece
6. New rev counter (OPTIONAL)/ the old one will just flash the speedometer reading.
7. Drill with hole-saw attachment, to drill a hole for the clutch cylinder unit behind the head. *see picture for location
- Drop the box out.
- Remove all the selespeed wires and pipe work.
- While the engine is hanging down remove the pedals (I found removing all of them gained a lot better access to the pedal area where the master cylinder needs to be).
- Make up a pattern for the holes that need to be drilled (see images below). Fit the master cylinder.
- Then the gear leaver and selectors. You will need to drop the exhaust and remove the plate located between the exhaust and body holding the gear lever.
- Then fit your box.
- The only wiring you need to do is on the selespeed relay on the passenger side at the feet located right next to the selespeed ecu, the relay has 4 wires. Two of these wires is thick and brown they need to be joined together. Bridge the two large wires on the relay located at the selespeed ecu. The relay was from a sensor telling the car it was in neutural. If you don’t bypass it the car won’t crank.
- Fit the battery box. And that is it
- Then remove the rev counter unless you can withstand the flashing!